Twisted Texas: Chase Report: 4 Apr, 2010 - Getting there is half the fun? <$BlogPageName$/> | <$BlogPageTitle$/>

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Chase Report: 4 Apr, 2010 - Getting there is half the fun?

Depart Austin, TX: 4:30 p.m.
Arrive Perry, OK: 11:30 p.m.
470 miles



Left Austin Sun, Apr 4 at ~4:30 for a multi-day Central plains chase. A series of cells fired up after dark North of OKC. I actually caught the southernmost of these. Saw some nice anvil crawlers, but as I approached it, the cell died.

Arrived Perry, OK ~11:30, where I stayed at the “Budget Inn” for $35. Among the amenities provided by this fine establishment- glass shower doors hanging off the tracks, which caused water to spray everywhere when attempting to shower. I desperately needed sleep, and had to be up early the following morning to forecast and hit the road.

Apparently, I did not notice the train tracks located relatively close to the motel. About every half hour, a train would pass by, laying on its horn the whole time ( I guess car-train accidents are a big problem in Perry, OK at 4 a.m.). Needless to say, I did not sleep well. Fortunately, a lukewarm shower woke me up in the morning, and I headed North.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home